What Is Teeth Whitening and How Does It Work?
Years of coffee, berries, red wine, and smoking can leave your teeth stained, discolored, and lacking in luster. Teeth whitening is a safe and efficient treatment that involves applying carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide gel onto your teeth's surfaces. The bleaching agent will break up the stains, leaving you with a natural, brilliant shade of white.
Does Teeth Whitening Lift All Types of Stains?
Not all tooth discoloration responds to teeth whitening the same way. Teeth whiteners deliver stunning results when used on yellow teeth, unlike brown or gray teeth, which may not respond as well. Whitening is not effective when used on dental restorations or teeth stained due to injury or the use of medications such as tetracycline. In these cases, we may recommend other cosmetic dentistry solutions such as porcelain veneers or ceramic crowns.
What Are Your Over-The-Counter Whitening Options?
Numerous teeth whitening options crowd the shelves, including peroxide-based gels, paints, and Whitestrips. You can also find whitening toothpaste with mild abrasives that lift some of the surface stains. While these products may deliver some whitening results, they often disappoint. It's best to achieve your white smile safely and effectively under professional supervision.
What Is Professional Teeth Whitening?
In-office tooth whitening, also known as chairside bleaching, offers the best and safest teeth whitening results. The procedure involves placing a protective barrier on your gums and applying the peroxide-based gel onto the surfaces of your teeth. We use only the best and most effective professional-grade bleaching agents that whiten your teeth several shades in just one short office visit.
If you prefer the convenience of teeth whitening at home, we will provide you with a take-home kit, including custom-made trays and whitening gel. It may take longer to whiten your teeth compared to in-office whitening, but you'll eventually enjoy the dramatic results you desire.
What Are the Advantages of Dentist-Supervised Teeth Whitening?
Here are some of the advantages of professional teeth whitening:
- Customized treatments: The treatments are customized to your unique needs, ensuring the best and safest results.
- Professional whitening formulas: The professional-grade whitening gels we use provides the safest and most effective whitening results.
- Long-term results: Professional whitening delivers long-term results, so you don't have to keep buying over-the-counter products.
- Safely whiten your teeth: Teeth whitening is safe under the care and supervision of a dental professional.
- Minimal side effects: You may experience some temporary side effects such as tooth sensitivity, which should soon subside without intervention.
- Dazzling Results: Our professional whitening will leave you with a naturally white, bright, and beautiful smile!